HR TIP OF THE WEEK
The method in which you pay an employee (on a salaried or hourly basis) or the title you give a position does not determine whether the position is exempt or nonexempt. A position must be evaluated for its exempt or nonexempt status against a salary basis test and primary duty test under the Fair Labor Standards Act. If a position does not meet both the salary basis test and the primary duty test, the position is nonexempt and the employer must comply with the minimum wage, overtime, and recordkeeping provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act for that position.
What We Do
Application for Employment
Click for Online Product Link
Our professionally developed Application for Employment is available in a two-page or four-page format and allows your organization to obtain substantial, consistent information on candidates to assist in hiring the right individuals.
• Boldly states that your company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Available in English and Spanish
• Requests employment history, education, special skills, and personal references.
• Provides for consistency in obtaining the same information from all applicants.
• Minimizes the employer’s liability through a detailed terms and conditions acknowledgment.