Growing insurance and financial services firm headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas, is seeking a Chief Information Officer who will oversee the strategies, technologies, operations, processes and people within the IT department in order to support the goals of the business. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the successful candidate will be accountable for directing the information and data integrity of the organization and its groups and for all IT functions of the enterprise.
- Establish and implement IT strategies that align with business goals and objectives
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the IT department including end user support, networking, infrastructure, telecommunications, disaster recovery, development, business applications, security and other functions.
- Develop, implement, and oversee a customer service platform to assist the end users of the organization with their technology needs.
- Lead and manage vendor contracts, negotiations and services rendered.
- Assess, anticipate, and lead technology projects, including acquisition and integration activities.
- Perform all functions of people management for IT department employees.
- Develop, implement, and control the IT budget.
- Build strong working relationships and collaborate with other business leaders, management and teams; interact with the executive management team to monitor and validate the organization’s compliance with its security policies.
- Approve purchases of technology, equipment, software and services.
- Establish strategic service provider partnerships; maximize mix of in house versus outsourced services.
- Assist in helping to increase the customer and product/service base of the organization.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to react quickly and accurately while exercising good judgment under demanding situations; ability to align IT objectives and programs to organization’s objectives and strategies.
- Superior strategic thinking skills with the ability to define and adjust IT standards and technologies.
- Must be organized and be able to plan and manage system schedules to ensure timely systems availability.
- Preference for activities involving accuracy, with attention to detail and timely completion.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team with a “roll up your sleeves” approach; must have exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge of IT Systems and infrastructure, including emerging trends.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to analyze and solve problems directly and through interactions with associates.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Desire to maintain and expand personal level of technical skills and personal demeanor.
- Optimize cost of services through a mix of internal and external sources.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or relevant field.
- Ten plus years of experience in the Information Technology field.
- Thorough understanding of operations of computer hardware, server hardware, network hardware, server operating systems and workstation operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading a team.
- Solid understanding of information management principles, methods, technologies, and systems.