Company Overview: In 1982, the directors of the All Saints Health System realized that to guarantee the future of care at All Saints, a new entity was needed. With a generous gift from the Ella C.McFadden Charitable Trust, All Saints Foundation was created.
Today, All Saints Health Foundation maintains more than $33 million in endowed funds and $20.9 million in temporarily restricted funds. In the last seven years the Foundation has funded more than $30 million in capital improvements, equipment, staff education and other Medical Center needs.
Its mission is to support the Baylor Scott & White All Saints Medical Center-Fort Worth in serving all people through exemplary health care and education. Every dollar raised in Fort Worth through grants and annual fund appeals, special project development, capital campaigns and planned giving programs stays here in our community to support medical programs, education, research and community services.
Position Summary: As a member of, and in close cooperation and collaboration with the executive leadership team, operating partners, staff and administrators, this position leads the planning and execution of strategies designed to insure that philanthropy effectively meets the needs of Baylor Scott & White Health’s patients, hospitals, related healthcare services, research and education.
This position champions the continued development of a culture of philanthropy throughout all of the communities that are served. The Foundation President is responsible for the strategic planning and implementation of operational activities for the following: Capital Campaigns, Major Gifts and Annual Giving, Corporate and Institutional Giving, Employee and Board Giving, Planned Giving and Endowment Programs, as well as related Marketing and Donor Communications Projects.
The Foundation President provides counsel to the executive team and Foundation Board of Trustees on the vision, strategy and operations of philanthropy throughout the organization. The successful candidate is expected to partner with the executive team and the Foundation Board of Trustees in implementing a comprehensive, long term development plan to further increase, diversify, and sustain philanthropic support.
- Direct and participate in the development and implementation of the organization’s strategic plan, performance improvement program, and annual operating budget, plans, goals and objectives.
- Develop and sustain a strong collaborative relationship on behalf of the Foundation Board of Trustees along with the business community, and other key stakeholders.
- Identify, maintain, and facilitate portfolios, and tracking system of top prospects, creating operating plans and devise cultivation, solicitation, and closure strategies.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies for generating resources and/or revenues to support organizational ability and sustainable growth. Develop and direct new programs and services for the organization and work closely with all operating functions of the organization to ensure continuity and growth of programming and services.
- Effectively support the executive team, staff, and the Foundation Board and their members along with other high level volunteers in fund-raising activities.
- Lead by example to enhance and ensure the timely and effective implementation of cultivation and solicitation strategies. Lead, mentor, and guide the Foundation staff as well as recruit and train for open positions.
- Evaluate performance of staff for effective implementation of established policies and objectives and their initiative in setting and attaining organizational goals; provide leadership for the professional development of senior staff.
- Develop, plan, and implement all fund-raising strategies and activities so as to meet the foundation’s budgetary and annual campaign goals. Assist in creating diverse funding streams and long-term plans to best support the mission and goals of the organization.
- Maintain best practices, instill the importance of properly stewarding all gifts, and ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach for major gift solicitation, planned giving, stewardship, annual giving, and prospect research.
- Serve as the spokesperson for the organization to a variety of audiences and key stakeholders, including, but not limited to the news media, public engagements, donor development and relationships, solicitation and stewardship, and special events.
- Recommend, maintain, and support a strong Foundation Board of Trustees; assist in recruiting new Board members and seek to foster board involvement with strategic direction.
- Review and refine all aspects of communications from web presence and social media to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Ensure effective systems to monitor progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Ensures appropriate use of funds based restrictions and donor requirements and ensures maintenance of appropriate financial records in collaboration with the corporate finance staff.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of management and leadership experience with personal responsibility for financial development for mid-sized or large non-profit organizations; experience partnering with a Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with various businesses, community, public entities, volunteers, and other key stakeholders. Ability to forge coalitions with important internal and external constituencies.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to mentor employees, manage, and develop high performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Strong business acumen; ability to effectively interpret financial statements and identify areas of improvement, address problems and develop forecasts; experience working with corporate accountant and independent audit teams.
- Proven ability to find future fund raising opportunities, including increased revenues, expanded markets, or high probability of desired outcomes.
- Ability to communicate and interact with all levels of the organization and funders at all levels and to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Excellent written, leadership, and communication skills. Assured public presence and comfort level with business and community leaders; ability to communicate the case for support in lay terms to trustees and other stakeholders; ability to effectively make presentations to prospective donors and board members.
- Action oriented, adaptable, and an innovative approach to business and strategic planning.
- Ability to effectively share the Board’s commitment to growing the Foundation in a manner which reflects the integrity of the institution.