A commercial builder based in Fort Worth, TX is seeking an experienced manager for their field operations.
Description: Candidates must have a proven work experience as an assistant project manager in the commercial construction industry showing the capabilities to manage all component parts of the project, to include project administration, supervision, engineering, subcontractors, vendors, owners, architects, consultants and governing authorities, etc.. This person should have mastered the requirements of an Assistant Project Manager and be able to take responsibility of the project financials, planning, scheduling, quality, subcontractor relationships and client relationship. Main emphasis for this position is to manage the project to accomplish the most economic and expeditious execution of the contract scope of work. This individual should be a self-starter, with leadership ability and will require minimal oversight for the overall management of the project.
- Preliminary planning of projects with collaboration from Management Team and Superintendent, including estimates, materials, methods, and subcontracting
- Managing of all third party agreements, presentation documents, review studies, utility setup, material logistics and delivery, safety guidelines and signage, FAA notifications, etc.
- Thorough review of project documents including cost saving alternatives.
- Scheduling of all meetings and managing status of subcontracts and execution of all documents.
- Managing the project team and monitoring all field purchases to ensure they comply with company policies.
- Assist Superintendent in implementing safety and fire protection.
- Manage billing procedures and process for timely receipt and payments
- Review work of general staff and subcontractors including verification of compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Participate in subcontractor coordination meetings and develop relationships with each subcontractor and develop trust in order to expedite projects and avoid impact to the cost and quality of the project.
- Manage equipment policies including the monthly rental machinery and company machines
- Manage final inspection and certificate process while coordinating the turnover of relevant items and documents to property owners.
- Schedule close-out meetings, managing walk-throughs and warranty periods and compiling all documents and recording to company server.
- Knowledge of subcontracting, lien requirements, insurance coverages and other legal aspects of the industry.
- Understanding of AP/AR procedures, Owner financing, Cash Flow Management, Project Status Report, Subcontractor billing process and overall management of the project and related responsibilities.
- Ability to read construction drawings and specifications.
- Computer skills including: Microsoft Office, Timberline, Smart Device, Primavera P6, DropBox, and PlanGrid
- College graduate
- 7+ years of work experience in the commercial construction industry in an engineering role.