A commercial builder based in Fort Worth, TX is seeking an experienced supervisor for their field operations.
Description: The candidate must have a proven work experience in the commercial construction industry showing the capabilities to oversee and manage the day to day field operations for a specific project including but not limited to subcontractor interaction, scheduling and overall site management. Individual must have the capability of improving the financial status of the project with means/ methods of shortening critical path construction durations, a keen eye for good quality craftsmanship and above all, maintaining a good client/customer relationship throughout the project. It is this individual’s responsibility for job wide safety of onsite workmen and the outside public.
- Prepare and sequence work for the overall construction schedule development with assistance from Project Manager.
- Ensure company and subcontract permits are received and onsite prior to initiating work schedule
- Establish on-site logistics, installing safety signage and implementing on-site safety plan
- Check on availability of company owned equipment and renting equipment not readily available
- Attending pre-construction meeting with design team and owner of property.
- Reviewing job cost budget with Project Manager and be involved with Project Scope Exhibit development and subcontractor buyout meeting.
- Verify all subcontracting agreements executed by PM.
- Setting up of waste facilities, company signs, security lighting, barricades, walkways, cameras, etc..
- Review labor cost distribution and understanding of the daily unit costs of work categories and verify accuracy of the Weekly Labor Report.
- Minimize unit costs by adjusting crew size, supervision, and equipment selection and utilization
- Oversee staff on job site including preparing forms for terminated staff on job site
- Preparing daily construction reports and ensure they are stored properly on company server
- Ensure quality workmanship is applied to project and is in accordance with job project plans and specifications
- Comply with OSHA regulations, maintain a clean worksite and maintain fire safety equipment
- Conduct safety meetings and ensure first aid supplies are adequate and waste facilities are clean
- Review schedule progress and advise Project Manager of potential works stoppages or delays
- Develop good relationships with owners and subcontractors and maintain proper social atmosphere
- Approve billing and communicate with subcontractors on work schedules
- Obtain all final inspections and certificates, test all safety systems and coordinate property transfer
- Attend close-out meetings and assist in the completion of all close out duties with PM
- Ability to read construction drawings and specifications
- Ability to maintain field labor crews for projects that self-perform work
- Computer skills including: MS Office, Smart Device, Primavera, DropBox, etc..
- Must be proficient in producing daily reports in electronic format
- 5+ years of work experience in the commercial construction industry supervising/managing projects
- High School Diploma (College Degree a plus)